Thursday, December 6, 2007

LAVA.


I was never inclined to purchase a Lava Lamp, but my friend was going to trash his and I thought I'd give it a try.

So I put it next to my desk in my studio and whenever I get stuck on something, I just look at the Lava Lamp. I watch as it never struggles, and never stops, it just flows on and on. It just keeps moving. If another blob blocks its path it doesn't stop and say "Stupid blob, get out of my way!" and honk its horn. It just flows gracefully around the blob.

This struck me as a great metaphor for how we live our lives. The less we let things block us and the more we just allow everything and everyone else to be exactly as they are and flow gracefully around them, the more beautiful our lives will become.

After all, for all we know, this entire universe could be contained in a Lava Lamp on someone's desk somewhere. Might as well give them a good show.

1 comment:

catbishop said...

bravo..

great, now i want one. thanks for the abe tools too.